Scoring for Social Change
Terms & Conditions
1. By entering the Film Scoring and Game Audio Competitions ("The Competitions") you agree that you have read and understood these Rules and agree that you will be bound by them. You agree that Rec Change can amend these rules at any time at its discretion.
2. Entry to the Competitions is made via the official Competitions web page: and by following the instructions on the web page. Your entry will be considered complete when the payment of the required registration fee is successfully processed and received together with your Compositions that have been uploaded online to Rec Change. For purposes of clarity for successfully entering the Competitions you are required to register at the official Registration page: by paying the Early, Regular, or Late Entry fee via PayPal (taxes may apply) and by submitting your Compositions synced with the audiovisual material. Compositions that are incorrect or incomplete will be void. No refund of the Registration Fee will be made. Rec Change reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual for any reason.
3. Entries for the Competitions must be submitted to Rec Change by the closing date of 30th June 2020 at 12:00 PM CST time. Rec Change Jury with its Director will make a first selection and narrow down the Competitions shortlist to the best 3 submitted entries for each Film Scoring & Game Audio Competitions. Judging will be made on the basis of listed criteria on which the Jury members will decide. The Winners will be announced by Rec Change via publication on their website. The Winners will further be contacted by email by Rec Change with a request that each Winner provide proof of identity.
4. The Competitions are open to citizens of any country.
5. Rec Change reserves the right to cancel and/or extend the Competitions or to the extent as may be necessary amend these rules without notice. No liability shall attach to Rec Change as a result of any such cancellation or extension.
6. Rec Change is under no obligation to make any use of any submitted Composition.
7. You retain all ownership of any materials you submit to the Competitions but by entering the Competitions and in consideration of Rec Change’s examination of your Compositions and the opportunity presented thereunder you hereby irrevocably grant Rec Change the following non-exclusive licenses:
7.1 In respect of all entrants to the Competitions, the right to circulate your entry to the Jury for the Competitions;
7.2 The right for Rec Change to sub-license your entry to the producers of the Film and Videogame. The form of such sub-licence shall be a “synchronisation licence” and you shall be granted an “Additional Music by” credit in connection with such use. You shall also receive any synchronisation licence fee which Rec Change secures on your behalf. For the avoidance of doubt Rec Change makes no guarantee that the producers of the associated Film and Videogame shall license your entry or that they will pay a synchronisation licence fee.
7.3 In respect of the top 3 finalists for each Film Scoring and Game Audio Competitions, the right for Rec Change to use your entry, in whole or in part, without any payment or royalty to you (or any third party) for the sole purpose of marketing or promoting, in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter invented, the Competitions, future competitions run by Rec Change or Rec Change itself. In the event that Rec Change uses any of your material pursuant to this Clause, you shall receive a “Music by” credit but you shall not be entitled to any payment, fee, royalty or monetary income whatsoever.
8. You represent and warrant to Rec Change that each Composition supplied by you does not violate the rights of any third party including but not limited to copyrights, performance rights, moral rights, trademark rights and/or any other intellectual property rights and each Composition supplied by you is not false, deceptive, misleading, defamatory or otherwise violate any laws. No Composition supplied by you contains any unclear examples, interpretations or other material, shall be original work by you and will have all necessary rights, licences, consents and permissions for use and authorize Rec Change to use any and all copyrights, performance rights and/or other intellectual property rights in and to the Composition.
10. The Winners will receive the prizes specified on The decisions of Rec Change and the Jury will be final and there will be no appeal.
11. To the fullest extent permissible by applicable law you hereby agree to release and hold harmless Rec Change, affiliates, agents, representatives and prize partners, the Jury and any other party from any claims, actions, injury of any kind incurred in connection with the Competitions.
12. The rules and these Competitions are governed by the laws of Mexico.